Beautiful Disaster

Short anecdotes carefully selected from past experience. The characters, places, objects, and events were not products of hallucination. Names, however, were changed by the author to 'you', 'he', 'she', 'it', or 'them'.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Malolos, Philippines

"Colors changing hue. Morning fields of amber grain. Weathered faces lined in pain are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand." I'd love to be the artist in your life. =)

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tinted Glass

It is during the night that I live. It is the moment when the sun leaves the sky and the stars turn visible to the eye. I enter the room and recognize the familiar faces. The swiveling chair invites me to sit; I oblige. The computer in front of me looks back, waiting for my commands. It is during this time that I am at my best.

I glance at the window; it does not permit me to view the outside. All I see is the pitiful reflection of a man -- his clothes clinging to his skin, the cold creeping in his veins. There is no trace of longing in his face. Yet he longs for the morning -- the time when he can look outside and see the world.

But for now, I work. The thought of bed and a soft pillow for my aching head is at the back of my mind.

Dreams can wait.

6 Comments:

Blogger kelvs said...

aha ! another one who's alive when the sun is hiding.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah yes, elusive sleep. ;)

I think I heard somewhere that we are at our most creative state at the moment right before we fall asleep. Hmmmm....

8:24 AM  
Blogger lala said...

hmmm.. masaya ba sa call center?
gusto ko na mag-stop sa studies ko. kasi gusto ko na mag-asawa! JOKEEEEEEEE. hehe

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site
Physical fitness and sports program officers fitness honda civic hx paris hilton fitness equipment ativan grapefruit web design body building Teen fitness Baseball cork leather string Ticket auction sports

4:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Compaq presario laptop battery System driveways tankless water heater and electric Weight loss weight loss diet pill how to install electric hot water heater Fax or phone Buy didrex on line search Stilnox ambien buy india Fisher refrigerator model 97-920-1 zocor gemfibrozil rhabdomyolosis

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home