Beautiful Disaster

Short anecdotes carefully selected from past experience. The characters, places, objects, and events were not products of hallucination. Names, however, were changed by the author to 'you', 'he', 'she', 'it', or 'them'.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Malolos, Philippines

"Colors changing hue. Morning fields of amber grain. Weathered faces lined in pain are soothed beneath the artist's loving hand." I'd love to be the artist in your life. =)

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Wishing For Someone

I sit in the shade where I can see the treetops turn into mountains—they’re not as high, but just as beautiful. The silhouettes meld into the dark blue of the horizon. Shadows play when they see the light slash across the sky or when the headlights pass by.

I watch the cars follow each other in a procession of sad, screeching tires. People come and go; they never get tired. They chatter about hate and love, in groups or in pairs, and ignore the rumbles from above.

Two seconds from now, lightning would strike once again—illuminating the empty space beside me. Heaven’s tears would fall, almost in time with my own.

13 Comments:

Blogger Bryce said...

Haha. My tears were wiped by the only visible helping hand--my own.

Hurt me, it's okay.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bryce... it would be an understatement if i said that you write beautifully. my heart just seemed to stop beating when i read this post, which is why i just had to comment.

it's too bad you didn't give out copies of your manuscript to the class. honestly, you're the best among us, even if you seem to say the least during discussions. i've read everyone else's work and no one else's 550+ words (including mine) could compare to the stuff you post here.

keep writing, ayt? ingats and see you in class. :)

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there bryan...ur words permeated through my thoughts, where my heart would have hesitated to allow it. Magaling kasi ung personification ng emotion mo--pinag-isipan at nararamdaman.
-p.i.e.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Bryce said...

Aww.. I write a lot of crap as I'm afraid of writing.

If I ever write something good, that's because I learned a lot from you people.

I still want to come to class and hear about your works.

Thanks very much for the comments. =)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Air Acilegna said...

kuya bryce.. nakaka-inspire ka talaga gumawa.. galing-galing mo po. see... madaming na-touch.. weehee....

if only i'm with you that instant you wouldn't wish for anyone sana.. kaso kung nandon ako, 'di mo na masusulat 'to.. hihi!!! nakakatawa ako magcomment no??? hihihi!!

God Bless You! (-.-)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Bryce said...

Yes, yes. Natutuwa ako sa comment mo, hehe.

Makakapagsulat pa rin siguro pero iba yung tone. :)

Thanks air! >:D<

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bryce, nakausap mo na ba si ma'am? drinop ka na ata nya sa CW100.

sayang :/

7:31 AM  
Blogger Bryce said...

I think there's a new rule regarding that. She can't. She'll give me a five.

I must admit I didn't enjoy the class that much. Ang bilis kasi... Haay, things I regret.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oo nga, lammo ba two days straight kaming may extrang 3-5pm class tapos may make-up pa sa saturday? grabe talaga.

di pa nga ako nakakagawa ng poem for tomorrow. cram ko na lang siguro ahehe...

oist nagRO ka pa ba? anong server mo? :)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Eamane said...

Heya Bryce. You never fail to amuse me with the way you write, seriously. /no1 I was such in awe after reading this one. It's nice because you can express some things or feelings that most people can't (through writing)-- and what you've written is exactly about my thoughts too. Haha. Ang galing talaga. See yah around. :)

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wish i was there when you wrote that. but even if i was, you'd still be alone, and you always will be. the same as i.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shucks, sana lit major na rin ako... even if only to read great works like yours. ;) keep it up bryce!

-- cheska ^_^

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... state farm insurance jobs in alabama Www protonix side effects Trinity world travels Tennis racket value Unlimited internet service providers with free trial 100 free domain name registration celexa and ocd

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home